Les amis de la montagne exists to protect and enhance Mount Royal through community involvement and environmental education.
A registered charitable organization founded in 1986, Les amis de la montagne’s network includes citizens from a variety of associations allied with the heads of philanthropic foundations and company presidents. All share the same passion, that of protecting and enhancing the mountain.
Through its advocacy initiatives, education and awareness-raising activities, and enhancement and improvement projects, Les amis de la montagne provide the community with the opportunity to exchange ideas and to become involved in the preservation of Mount Royal.
WHAT WE DO
Les amis de la montagne:
- Advocate for effective laws and supporting policies that protect the historic and natural heritage of Mount Royal for the benefit of current and future generations;
- Recruit mountain enthusiasts to the cause of protecting the mountain and the processes that sustain it;
- Connect thousands of school children and other visitors to the mountain’s historic, natural and cultural treasures each year;
- Sensitize members of the community to the benefits of Mount Royal to our collective quality of life and to Montreal, the province’s most important metropolis;
- Work to conserve the mountain’s natural environment and promote its biodiversity through scientific research and community stewardship projects;
- Build strong partnerships with individuals, corporations and foundations, in order to fulfil the protection goals of the organization;
- Contribute financially to the enhancement of Mount Royal through donations received towards a variety of improvement, renovation, education or restoration projects.