In order to realize its mission to protect and enhance Mount Royal, Les amis de la montagne is guided by four strategic orientations:
- Community relations
- Education and awareness-raising
- Improvement and enhancement
Les amis de la montagne defines its initiatives, activities and programs based upon the principles of consultation, an model essential to the success of the strategic orientations and therefore, to the organization’s effectiveness, its visibility and its influence.
For more than two decades, we have worked to:
- Foster the vision and commitment of the community to preserve Mount Royal;
- Heighten the awareness of the public and decision makers of the importance of preserving and promoting the value of Mount Royal Park and the mountain;
- Provide a public forum to encourage citizens and various stakeholders to express their opinions and work toward the conservation, enhancement and promotion of Mount Royal;
- Initiate projects or act as the catalyst for restoration and development projects in collaboration with the public and private sectors in Mount Royal Park and elsewhere on the mountain, while respecting Mount Royal’s historical, environmental and cultural values;
- Promote and conduct education and research activities to increase community understanding of and exposure to Mount Royal’s natural environment, and its importance to Montreal and its citizens.